SO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR KESSEL RUN?
Do you think you can make the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs? Are you up for the challenge? This is your chance to make history. These are the jobs you are looking for. Find your dream job with us! We are hiring for developers, designers, product managers, data scientists, and more. Click Here to see our open career opportunities.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO AT KESSEL RUN?
Kessel Run revolutionizes the way the Air Force builds and delivers software to Airmen around the world. We continuously deliver war-winning software across the globe through rapid feedback loops and user-centered design. We embrace Agile principles, DevSecOps, commercially-available solutions, and lean product management practices to continuously integrate and deliver software capabilities.
At Kessel Run, we value:
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Feedback
- Continuous Learning
- Lean Product Management
- User Centered Design
- Extreme Programming
Based in downtown Boston, we are game changers in the Air Force. Every day, we are building and shipping applications and our platform that support warfighters around the globe. We don’t just deploy applications, we create value for our users.
DOES KESSEL RUN HAVE CORE VALUES?
- IDEAS OVER RANK: we value all ideas equally, regardless of where they come from
- INTENSE CUSTOMER FOCUS: our users are our number one priority
- BIAS FOR ACTION: we overcome analysis-paralysis and make good decisions quickly
- CONTINUOUS EVOLUTION: we fail fast; we learn fast
WHAT KIND OF BENEFITS DO YOU OFFER
Click here to see the full benefits we offer.
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR ON-THE-JOB TRAINING OR EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT?
- Defense Acquisition University
- Free access to paid commercial-grade education products, such as Udemy, Pluralsight, and O’Reilly books.
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement after 36 months
- Participation in our active communities of practice: weekly practice times, book clubs, and regular trips out to users.
- Engage in our mentorship program with fellow employees; we employ senior engineers, designers, and managers with 20+ years of experience, as well as college interns. Learn from the masters, or try your hand at mentoring yourself!
IS KESSEL RUN A FEDERAL CONTRACTOR COMPANY?
NO! We are part of the United States Air Force. Kessel Run is a Division of Digital Directorate, AFLCMC. We are based out of Boston, MA, with operating locations at Hanscom AFB and Langley AFB.
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
- Coworkers: jobs listed on this site are typically for hiring new government employees. You will be working alongside other government civilians as well as active duty military, both officers and enlisted, and federal contractors.
- “Stakeholders:” Your stakeholders are deployed Airmen and their sponsors at the Pentagon.
What are the current AFSCs at Kessel Run?
063A3, 063S0, 063G0, 017D3Y, 1D773C, 1D700, 1D751Z, 1D771Z, 3F571, 016K3E, 016K3M, 3F071, 062E3G, 062E3C, 062E3E, 062E3H, 062E3A, 065W3, 065F3, 8F000, 8K000
What are desired AFCSs for active duty?
17X, 63A, 62EX, 65F, 21XX, 64P, 16K, 1DX,
Do you have Skillbridge available for those wanting to get exposure to Kessel Run?
We currently do not offer Skillbridge opportunities at Kessel Run, though we do have alternative Long-Term TDY (LTTDY) opportunities for military members.
What languages do you currently use for app development?
This isn't all-inclusive but this list covers the majority:
Do you have any application tips?
Thank you for your interest in working at Kessel Run! We understand your interest in perfecting your application, but we know that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate for any job and as such, we empower our people to learn and grow throughout their careers. Though we are unable to provide specific pointers as to how to improve the quality of your application, we strongly encourage you to be yourself and apply!
HOW LONG DOES THE APPLICATION-TO-EMPLOYMENT PROCESS TAKE?
Jobs are open 31 July through 14 August. If you applied when jobs opened on 31 July, we expect that you will begin your employment after approximately 14 weeks.
I AM MILITARY MEMBER, HOW CAN I WORK FOR KESSEL RUN?
Kessel Run roles are advertised via Talent Marketplace, it is not considered a special duty assignment. You may also talk to your career field manager about your choices and if Kessel Run would be a good fit for you. We are not able to guarantee military jobs due to the nature of the Assignments Cycles facilitated through Talent Marketplace. To be considered during the selection process, please ensure that you add as much relevant information about your skills and experience as possible.
Where are you located? Where are your in-person opportunities?
Our in-person openings are limited to Boston/Hanscom Air Force Base and billets at Langley Air Force Base. Most of our positions are remote eligible, but the candidate/employee has to be located in CONUS. We encourage you to follow our Careers page for future opportunities. You can also submit your resume to General Interest.
I am in ROTC. What opportunities are available to me? What is the process of getting into Kessel Run or another software factory?
The majors we are looking for are vast, as long as that aligns with AFSCs in terms of qualifications we are typically looking for but are open to unique individuals. Internships at KR are typically in Software Engineering, Program/Product Management, Designers, but can be broadened if we have the organizational need or were approached with candidates that had proposals.
Officer assignment process questions should be addressed to your AFROTC leadership. Assignments consist of an entire process based on needs of the Air Force, individual unit needs and the move cycle to which an officer falls into.
I AM A COLLEGE STUDENT, HOW DO I GET AN INTERNSHIP AT KESSEL RUN?
- We offer annual summer internships through the Premier College Internship program. See more details on the Air Force Civilian Service website here!
- The Air Force also offers the Palace Aquire Program, which allows recent grads 2 years of on the job training and an offer of permanent employment with the Air Force. See more information here.
Who can I contact for more information?
For inquiries on employment opportunities, please fill out the contact form below.